Huawei has started to talk about the new user interface Emotion last May and, finally, the UI is ready for prime time, although currently limited. The company has in fact put online on the official website (in Chinese) on the download link of Emotion, when directed only to Chinese users, but that will soon be extended to the entire public.
The new interface works on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and, in particular, are currently supported smartphones Honor Huawei, Huawei Ascend P1 and Huawei Ascend P1E. It is expected that, most likely, even the flagship Ascend D Quad is included after the launch, postponed to autumn.
The IU Emotion is described by Huawei as a powerful, easy to use and easy to exploit all their potentials. The features introduced include:
- Voice Assistant (only in Chinese)
- Unique home screen, customizable, enhanced by animations
- Access to the cloud service Huawei
- Chinese characters customizable
- “Finder smart contacts”
- A comprehensive system of care “would help users to begin entry-level”
We look forward to discovering more details about the availability of DU at an international level.